John Marazzi moved to Fort Myers in 1991 and became the General Sales Manager of Ft. Myers Toyota when it was just a small operation. Over the next 17 years, he completely reengineered the sales and service team and its operations to be more customer centric, finishing 2007 as the #1 volume pre-owned dealer and #8 volume Toyota dealer in the United States. Today, it sits on 21 acres and is a part of AutoNation.
Eager to invest in a dealership in 2008, John became a partner in John Marazzi Nissan in Naples, Florida and added the Audi Jaguar Land Rover Fort Myers dealership in 2010. Lehman Brothers failed the day after he took on the Nissan store, sending the stock market and auto industry into free-fall and freezing credit markets. John and his team met the challenge head-on, with a courageous business plan and confidence they could earn market share, even in a bad economy. He developed innovative programs to put cash in people’s pockets and helped customers get financing to be able to buy cars.
By the end of its first year, John Marazzi Nissan had succeeded at a time when so many dealerships nationally had failed. John Marazzi Nissan was named for two consecutive years to Nissan’s elite “Circle of Excellence”, an honor reserved solely for its top North American dealers. John Marazzi had proven that his customer centric methods of doing business were just good business … in any economy!
On August 31, 2011, John Marazzi joined Larry Morgan and Brett Morgan of the Morgan Auto Group in buying Brandon Honda http://www.brandonhonda.com/, where he became Managing Partner. In three short months, Brandon Honda has become the #1 volume Honda dealer in the zone, with #1 in the country squarely in its sight. “We won’t be satisfied until we’re #1 in the country,” said John Marazzi.
In similar fashion, within the first month after Morgan Auto Group acquired Sun Toyota http://www.suntoyota.com/ in 2016, the dealership set an all new dealership sales record. Our successes are simply about treating people right and delivering a great purchase experience each and every time. Come see us–we’d love to show you a better way to shop for and buy your next vehicle!
Honors and Awards
- Sun Toyota’s Collision Center named “Gold Class” repair center by Inter-industry Conference on Auto Collision Repair (I-CAR®). 2019
- Brandon Honda earns DealerRater’s “Dealer of the Year” among Florida Honda dealers. 2013, 2014 and 2015
- Brandon Honda earns DealerRater’s “Consumer Satisfaction Award.” 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, and 2019
- Sun Scion earns DealerRater’s “Dealer of the Year” among U. S. dealers. 2017
- Sun Toyota & Scion earns DealerRater’s “Dealer of the Year” among Florida dealers. 2017, 2018 and 2019
- Sun Toyota earns DealerRater’s “Consumer Satisfaction Award.” 2017, 2018 and 2019
- Marazzis named Cox Media Group’s “Community Hero” award. April, 2018
- Brandon Honda wins “Honda President’s Award.” 2016
- Brandon Honda earns Honda’s “Master’s Circle” award for being one of Honda’s top 50 dealerships nationwide. 2015 and 2016
- Brandon Honda named Five Star Dealer by Edmunds. 2014
- Brandon Honda earns Florida Environmental Commission’s Green Star Certification. 2013
- Honda names Brandon Honda #1 Volume Dealer on Florida’s West Coast. 2012
- John Marazzi delivered the commencement address and received an Honorary Doctorate Degree in Business Administration from Southwest Florida College. 2010
- Gulfshore Business ranked John Marazzi Nissan 18th and 19th in its “Top Companies in Southwest Florida” in both 2010 and 2011
- Business Observer hailed John Marazzi Nissan as one of “Best Managed Companies of 2010” in a story that reveals how he manages and empowers people to do the right thing for customers.
- American Advertising Association Gold ADDY award for TV ad, “Speaking Spanish.” 2010
News media articles:
- “Testing his mettle” by Denise Kalette of the Business Observer on John Mararzzi’s passion for CrossFit training.
- Business Observer story of the challenges John Marazzi faced the day after he acquired John Marazzi Nissan is a good study of grace under fire.